Daifuku Web Holding Company JBW Utility in Carlisle, South Carolina
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
- General and/or area-specific clean-up
- Adherence to established housekeeping and safety rules and regulations
- Inquiry of supervisor about anything that is unusual, not clear, or not understood
- Any other duties (if properly trained) as assigned by supervision
Forge Shop Area:
- Verify product/routing tags on boxes for valid heat codes, type of steel and work order numbers
- Verify raw material for damage/conformance (length, bad burns, being bent or any other damage)
- Isolate defective or damaged bars in QA scrap tub for counting
- Loading good bars on tray for induction heating before forging
- Assist forge operator and helper in ramming hammer keys
Warehouse and Shipping Area:
- Transfer of chain components/assembled chain to/from assembly area(s)
- Preparation of chain, dies, (etc.) for shipment or storage, including:
2.1. Building warehouse and shipping boxes
2.2. Stretch wrap material
2.3. Oiling of chain strands
- Operation of material handling equipment (dumper)
- Banding of Chain Assemblies
- Make-up of UniBilt Kits
- Make-up of CB squares for UniBilt
Press Room Area:
- Secondary production operations (blow off half trolleys for capper, etc.)
- Snag grind parts.
- Machines operations (if properly trained).
- Assembly of trolleys.
- New Employee Orientation
- OSHA Hazard Communication
- Lock-out/Tag-out Procedures
- General and area-specific safety procedures
- Product identification and tracking procedures
- General product inspection (defects and/or damage)
- Operations of area-specific machinery (if appropriate)
- General and Area-specific housekeeping practices
- Evacuation Plan for assigned work areas.
- Location of MSDS information.
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1233 and leave a message and your call will be returned.
# of Openings: 1
Company Division: WEBB