The Larson Group Diesel Service Technician in Florence, South Carolina
The Larson Group Peterbilt is looking for an experienced Diesel Service Technician to join our dynamic team at our Florence, SC location. The potential candidate will perform all functions of a fully qualified heavy-duty truck repair mechanic under minimal supervision. Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical work on heavy-duty truck equipment and related components.
- Performs diagnosis customer problems and repair them as needed.
- Work with and train new technicians.
- Maintain a neat and orderly working area.
- Proper use and care of all Company tools.
- Communicate to foreman parts that are not available for repairs.
- Test repairs to ensure customer problem is resolved.
- Complete paper work as required in a neat and professional manner.
- Tag, wash, and box any warranty parts and turn in to correct location.
- Clean service area, tools, and instruments and return them to their proper location.
- Do repairs on the road as assigned.
- Advise following technician with any special instructions or concerns you found when repairing truck.
- Perform other duties and repairs as assigned.
- Should possess a high school diploma.
- A college degree or a certificate/degree from a trade school is preferred, but not required.
- Previous dealership experience is preferred but not required.
- Minimum class B CDL endorsement required.
- Industry certifications are preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled