Ross Stores, Inc. Transportation Procurement Specialist in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Responsible for contractual administration, procurement analytical support, claims recovery, rate filing activities and controls representing financial obligations exceeding $300M in annualized spend.
This position will support Transportation Procurement activities across all modes and transportation providers in support of: Transportation Claims Administration with a value of over $1.9M. Contract management support for a $300M annual contract spend. Execution of analytical processes, recommendations, and a logical process to support cost controls, required service levels and process improvement. Responsible to foster professional and ethical business relationships driven by fair, logical and objective activities for all providers and transportation vendors.
- The specialist will retrieve and analyze data, design and build reports and present findings to ensure the effective and efficient use of transportation resources (carriers, equipment, modes, etc). Reports, addendums and accessorial will be developed and implemented through existing tools (Smart Source, Excel, Access, etc) as well as the new Transportation Management System and Llama Soft.
- This position will develop strategic and tactical performance metrics to support carrier performance meetings, decision making and carrier award selections.
- Analyze datasets and statistics to determine budgetary impact and corporate signing authority.
- Ensure contract language complies with Ross Legal and Risk Management requirements and proactively manage closure prior to expiration dates.
- All contracts and rate addendums should be current, systemically managed and in master files supporting document retention practices.
- All master systemic and hard files must meet all internal and external audit standards.
- Resource should self-audit and review data to ensure accuracy of information.
- Collaboratively work with A/P, DCs, Transportation Ops, Merchants, Vendors, Carriers, Insurance Providers and Inventory Control to investigate and recover claims. Investigation requires multiple systems knowledge and research to include RMS, RDM, and TMS.
- Systemically file claims documentation, and recover funds to offset loss.
- Recommend settlements internally and as authorized negotiate settlements on behalf of the company.
- Reconcile claim payments with AP Merchandise and Inventory Control
- Negotiate approved settlements & rate adjustments while maintaining professional and partnering interactions.
Process Management & Administration:
- Support problem solving and project activities internally and with 3rd party consultants with data collected and analysis.
- Negotiation of ad hoc rate quotes for all transportation modes as needed.
- Responsible for projects and analytics to support procurement projects, cost savings initiatives or service improvement initiatives.
- Responsible to support the stabilization of all files and systemic tools controlled by the procurement group.
- Responsible for the maintenance of standard operating procedures and workflows for all job duties within the Procurement group
- Special projects as needed by the Transportation Procurement Director and Procurement Managers.
- Process & Improvement Development
- Analysis and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Initiative/Drives Results
- Professional Communication
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum three (3) years-experience in Transportation or Logistics with direct Claims experience preferred.
- Experience working with Logistics and Transportation Contracts preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently to complete projects.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills to communicate effectively with all levels and departments both within and outside the company.
- Detailed oriented with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Flexibility - must be able to receive instructions from multiple managers and prioritize accordingly.
- High level working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Must pass Microsoft Word and Excel aptitude testing.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to travel – less than 10% of the time.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.