Kelly Services Kelly Services - Material Handler - Graniteville, SC in Graniteville, South Carolina
Ready to get back to work, safely? Now’s the time to join the Kelly® Professional & Industrial team as a Material Handler at one of their clients in Graniteville, SC. And a clean, safe work environment is just the beginning.
Pay rate: $26/hr
Duration: 2 months
• Operates industrial truck (i.e. forklift, side loader, pallet jacks, scissor lift, etc.) or other type of hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
• Can read basic blue prints to handle assembly procedures in laminating wall panels and / or final assembly of wall panels.
• Completes equipment safety checklists as start of work shift; takes appropriate action to ensure safe operating equipment.
• Reads production schedules, work orders, customer orders, shipping orders, and/or requisitions and follows verbal instructions to determine materials, containers, or items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Opens, closes, locks, and unlocks doors and containers as needed.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, shelves, and machinery by hand or using a forklift into semi-trailers or other transport vehicles.
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Secures loads including building frames for overseas containers; put skids in racks waiting for loading; and assists with preparation for shipping, i.e. moving racks, building crates, or packaging systems.
• Has the ability to operate saws, pneumatic and electric tools, hand tools, and can read a tape measure to build packaging systems for shipping purposes.
• Transfers materials from storage or work sites to designated areas; pre-weighs and prepares materials for shipping. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Stacks or assembles materials or customer orders and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department; bands bundles together; builds coil saddles; nails cross blocks onto skids; and assembles crating as assigned.
• Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination and/or signals other forklift operators to move load to destination.
• Sorts, counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet or other required documentation, including, but not limited to, data entry into computer.
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on skids, cases, bales, or other containers.
• Bands orders; clamps sections of product together or places product onto skids, blocks, boxes, and/or conveyor systems to facilitate movement of materials or products; lifts heavy objects with power hoist.
• Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers; notifies maintenance of complicated adjustments and repairs.
• Cleans work area, machines, and equipment; assists machine operators as needed; assists other team members as requested.
• Follows all Standard Operating Procedures safely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven technical experience operating a forklift, side loader, pallet jack, crane, scissor lift, or other type of material handling equipment. Must complete forklift safety training. Must have ability to comply with all safety regulations, work independently, and work effectively and respectfully with team members.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, order sheets, shipping documents, policies, and procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence, routine reports, and complete company documents. Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate information to team members, customers, clients, vendors, and guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to understand and comply with policies, procedures, and safety requirements at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle materials or equipment; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to heights; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to very loud.
What happens next:
Once you apply, you’ll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don’t worry—even if this position doesn’t work out, you’re still in our network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more. Helping you discover what’s next in your career is what we’re all about, so let’s get to work. Apply today!
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.