Lockheed Martin Armament Section Technician 4 in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Alternate Mission Equipment (AME) Technician: This position is at Balad Air Base, Iraq.
Primary responsibilities: Armament Back Shop duties include the inspection of pylons, bomb racks, missile launcher rails, gun systems, and Linkless Ammunition Loader Systems.
1. Perform AME maintenance, inspections, repairs, and electrical checks as required
2. Assist with the development of monthly/annual AME maintenance schedules
3. Troubleshoot and repair Armament system related issues
4. Maintain composite tool kits (CTKs) and conduct inventory against the master inventory listing
5. Update/track equipment historical records upon completion of inspections
6. Advise, assist, and train assigned IqAF AME technicians, sign off tasks in their training records
7. Identify parts and consumable requirements and process demands in the supply system
8. Maintain and inspect test sets/support equipment and ensure proper forms documentation
9. Perform additional tasks assigned by the branch manager delegated to the Weapons AME Lead
Must have strong communications and interpersonal skills. Must read, write and speak English fluently. Must have or be able to rapidly secure a DOD secret clearance. Regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead.
This position requires frequent standing for long periods, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, and twisting. Assignment location is in Iraq.
Environmental/weather conditions can be extreme during different seasons. Site is a secure compound which team members will be confined to. Flexibility, a positive attitude and excellent people skills are a must.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
*SECURITY Clearance REQUIRED. Must have an Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to start date AND must maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Min 4 years Armament Back-Shop experience
Candidate must be a high school graduate or have completed an equivalent program.
Candidate must have held a USAF skill level 7 (or equivalent) in his career field.
Candidate must have at least 4 years’ experience with F-16/fighter aircraft maintenance activities.
Progressive and documented experience in the fighter aircraft maintenance environment.
1-year of experience maintaining Linkless Ammunition Loading systems
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Very strong organizational skills a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.