Lockheed Martin Avionics Technician in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Installs electrical harnesses and performs operational checks, post modification testing, troubleshoots and repairs electrical and avionics systems on aircraft. Assist flight line maintenance as required. This is a second shift position.
Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Mission essential functions and other duties may be assigned as required.
The candidate will be exposed to repetitive movements and work overhead. The candidate will be required to use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The candidate will be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The candidate must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The candidate is required to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, Foreign Object Debris (FOD)-free work area.
Candidate should be able to provide a shadowed toolbox with etched tools per minimum inventory and specifications as detailed by the company.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
3 Years of Aircraft Avionics / Electrical Installation Experience
Candidate must be able to work second shift
- C-130, P-3, F-16 Production or aircraft modification installation experience to include wire harness installation and check out procedures.
- Ability to work most avionics installation tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret installation drawings, install and route electrical cable assemblies, perform multiple termination processes and perform continuity checks in accordance with standard processes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High School education or equivalent (GED) or FCC and/or Airframe License
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.