Lockheed Martin F-16 Electrical and Environmental Systems Craftsman in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: This position is with the Iraq F-16 CLS team at Balad Air Base, Iraq.
Candidate must be a high school graduate or have completed an equivalent program. Progressive and documented experience in the fighter aircraft maintenance environment. Documented qualifications in related maintenance fields. Must have strong communications and interpersonal skills. Must read, write and speak English fluently. Must have or be able to rapidly secure a DOD secret clearance. Regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead. This position requires frequent standing for long periods, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, and twisting.
Candidates must be willing and able to participate in all set-up activities, assist with receiving and storing supplies and support equipment. The site will still be under construction at the time of the first arrivals. Environmental/weather conditions can be extreme during different seasons. Site is a secure compound which team members will be confined to. Flexibility, a positive attitude and excellent people skills are a must.
- Candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Candidate must have held a USAF skill level 7 (or equivalent) in their career field.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of comprehensive aviation experience on the F-16.
- Background must demonstrate progressive experience in the aircraft maintenance environment and must be able to provide documentation substantiating qualifications in related maintenance fields.
- Aircraft component troubleshooting and/or repair procedures and replacement of components, and aircraft systems.
- Must have Technical Compliance, Time Compliance, or Aircraft Modification experience
- Experience working with a foreign customer; customs and courtesies are a must
- Ability to complete aircraft upgrades and modifications in a timely manner with minimal to no supervision
- Must be able to provide documentation substantiating experience and certifications
- F-16 Nose to Tail experience in other specialties such as Avionics and/or APG.
- Ability to lead small teams
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Recent experience with working with a foreign customer
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.