Lockheed Martin Production/Training Pilot Senior Staff, F-16 Program (OCONUS) in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join our Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team as a F-16 qualified Instructor pilot for a position in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to perform platform instruction, flight instruction and upgrade experience training of UAE national pilot candidates. (Note: The selected candidate will deploy from their current US location).
This position Instructs F-16 pilots of the UAE Air Force in flight procedures and techniques in ground school courses and flight training. Prepares lesson plans. Acts as a subject matter expert by applying advanced technical concepts in the area of aviation and provides assistance in creation of training material. Assists in the preparation of schedules, maintenance of training records and ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student. Evaluates and monitors students’ performance. This position is typically represented by an experienced pilot.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Must be a current or former USAF F-16 Instructor Pilot with a minimum of 1000 flight hours in 4th and/or 5th generation fighter aircraft.
• Recent experience instructing in the F-16 aircraft and its systems
• Candidate must have experience in USAF Pilot Academic and Simulator Training.
• Candidate must have operational experience with advanced sensor systems such as Night Vision Goggles (NVG) employment, Targeting Pod employment including Sniper, Lightening, LANTIRN, etc.) Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System and advanced weapons employment.
• Candidate must be experienced with current instructional techniques and delivery methods.
• Must have in-depth experience with USAF publications and an understanding of 4th and/or 5th generation fighter aircraft systems.
• Must be proficient with computers, multi-media equipment, and platform instruction.
• Candidate must have experience working in an international environment which required them to interact with multiple functional areas and personnel of diverse natures.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required.
• Must have valid passport
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must have at minimum an Interim DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to starting. Must be able to obtain a Final DoD Secret Security Clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Experience with F-16 international pilot training curriculum
• Familiarity with F-16 contractor program requirements
• Extensive knowledge of F-16 systems for various blocks and models of aircraft
• F-16 Full Mission Simulator and Weapons System Trainer experience
• F-16 Functional Check Flight Pilot experience
• Experience briefing and working closely with senior USAF and foreign government Air Force officers
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent leadership traits, strong oral & written communication abilities, solid ability to organize, and a high desire to provide customer satisfaction.
• Positive attitude and cultural understanding to effectively accomplish both Lockheed Martin and foreign government training program goals.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.