Robert Half International Accounting Clerk in Lexington, South Carolina
Robert Half Direct has an immediate full-time direct-hire Accounting Clerk job opportunity for a confidential client. The Accounting Clerk will perform a variety of routine and some non-routine accounting and clerical functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, material purchasing, receiving material,account reconciliation, expense reporting, and related financial areas.
• Administer accounts payable
• Vendor account reconciliations
• Review and process expense reports
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Validate invoices
• Process vendor invoices via accounts payable procedure received via mail and or email
• Evaluate purchase orders to avoid any discrepancies
• Coordinate with purchasing department to review, approve and reprocess discrepancies
• Communicate by telephone and or email to determine accounts payable discrepancies
• Create and maintain files for all accounts payable invoices
• Process purchase orders
• Consistently manage vendor data
• Maintain company credit card users
• Prepare journal entries
• Work closely with the Accounting Manager and Financial Controller as needed
• Accounts Payable experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Account reconciliation experience
• Multi-state sales tax knowledge
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Planning and organizing
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to take initiative
• Adaptability and Teamwork
• Uphold Confidentiality
• Excellent Judgment & decision-making skills
• General Math Skills
• Account & bookkeeper skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $29,000.00 - $36,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Lexington, SC
Date Posted: November 17, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 31000-9502760228
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance