SC Department of Public Safety Food Service Supply Specialist (#013768) Food Service Warehouse, Columbia, (RICHLAND) in Richland County, South Carolina
Under Direct Supervision,
- Performs the duties of receiving, checking, storing, inventory control, loading, unloading of supplies and other duties in the Food Service Branch warehouse, storeroom or supply room.
- Receives and distributes supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for the accurate loading and unloading of all food service products.
- Performs quality and quantity checks of new supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to the appropriate stock rotation schedule.
- Maintains detailed inventory records of supplies and equipment on hand.
- Performs periodic inventories and prepares inventory reports.
- Responsible for the security and safekeeping of work environment to include vehicles and tools.
- Assists in the disposal of obsolete and surplus equipment.
- Participates in the end of the year inventory.
- Position requires the use of various types of equipment to include forklift and pallet jack.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods in extreme conditions.
- Must work effectively in a transparent, team-oriented environment.
**Must successfully complete three (3) weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Filling multiple positions from this job announcement.**
* * * Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:*
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and work experience directly related to the areas of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A high school diploma and work experience directly related to the areas of employment.
Knowledge of supply and inventory practices and procedures preferred.
*Filling Multipule Poitions *
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $22,625.00 - $28,000.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 013768
Closing: 10/28/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AC05
Position Number: 013768
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday-Friday - ( 7:30 AM- 3:30 PM ) Work Schedule 02 Hours per week: 37.50
Pay Band: Band 3
Hiring Range - Min.: $22,625.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $28,000.00
Opening Date: 10/14/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through governmentjobs.com only; You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210