SC Department of Public Safety Truck Driver (#019099) Support Services & Industries, Columbia (RICHLAND) in Richland County, South Carolina
- Responsible for delivery, pick up, installation and/or unloading of customer products as directed by the warehouse manager or designee.
- Provides service to our customers in the most efficient, economical manner while supervising and teaching inmates skills (if applicable) that can be utilized upon their release.
- Supervises warehouse/inmate work crew in the loading/unloading and installation of products.
- Verifies quantities and condition of merchandise at the time of delivery; notifies warehouse personnel immediately, of any discrepancies.
- Ensures required paperwork is properly competed.
- Requires close observation of all civilian and inmate workers involved in the loading/unloading of merchandise.
- Responsible for the daily physical inspection, cleaning, maintenance and security of assigned delivery vehicle.
- May be required to supervise inmates in other plant locations. Must successfully complete three (3) weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A High School Diploma and relevant program experience. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required program experience. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- One (1) year of Tractor-trailer and delivery experience.
- Must have a valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License without restrictions.
- Requires the ability to operate all combination vehicles with air brakes to include manual transmission.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $32,206.00 - $41,568.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 019099
Closing: 1/21/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Residency Requirement: No
Class Code: AH30
Position Number: 019099
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $32,206.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $41,568.00
Opening Date: 01/01/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through governmentjobs.com. You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website, www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the South Carolina Department of Corrections should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803)896.1649 or by email to: Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Time: Monday- Friday (7:00 AM- 3:00 PM) Hours/ Week: 37.50 hrs. Shift/ Work Schedule: 02 * Schedule subject to change to meet industry demands and may include evenings, holiday or a modified work schedule. *
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210