Ross Stores, Inc. DC Area Supervisor in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue on our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Supervises activities of regular associates and temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and labor-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Adheres to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Enforces safety regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods, performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes. Prepares and administers associate performance evaluations. Determines time and production standards and maintains records. Must have a "can-do", "make-it-happen" attitude. This is demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service to our stores. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relations environment which remains issue free.
Manage hourly team to ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores
By effectively using the MAP (Managing Associate Performance) process, train, assess, motivate, coach, and evaluate associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Ensure rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established engineered methods and standards.
- Organize and prioritize daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals.
Responsible for accuracy/quality of work for all assigned regular & temp associates.
Responsible for creating an effective team culture which recognizes individual and team performance, while maintaining an issue free environment in a demanding work environment.
Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other Area Supervisors, DC Operations Management, and all support departments.
- Conduct daily huddle meetings to communicate important daily events & priorities.
- Assist with the coordination of associate training/meetings for subjects such as safety, human resources, new process orientation, and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- Enforce policies/procedures and safety regulations, providing appropriate constructive & positive consequences to team for managing safe working behaviors.
Conduct corrective action meetings regarding job performance, attendance and behavior with associates, in compliance with company policies and procedures, including the separation process when direct reports are to be separated from employment.
Utilization of HR Services by:
Using provided resources and tools, refer or answer non-exempt questions re: payroll, benefits, policy, who to contact
- Support required HRS investigations; engage with necessary parties for initial fact-findings, document findings and escalate to HRS using email template
- Write and administer corrective actions and non-exempt separations.
- Contact HRS regarding any accommodation issues as they arise
- Follow HRS Management Reference Guide for compliance with established processes and company policies
- Ensure associates follow the DC Pay-to-the-Punch guidelines, to include the timely administration of the missed punch process for Payroll
Partner with the Transactional Talent team for on-boarding, job-posting, inquiries, etc. as needed
Manage all administrative tasks and functions for responsible area.
Perform internal realistic job previews in accordance with the Job Posting Process.
- Prepare associate evaluations and administer reviews with the assistance of the DC Merchandise Manager.
- Maintain daily paperwork, such as time and production records.
- Assist merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing problems and troubleshooting orders.
Provide updates to DC Merchandise Manager on production planning information and needs/problems of the area.
Miscellaneous functions and responsibilities:
Work on special projects as needed.
- Attend and help plan any special events planned for his/her team.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Drives Results
- Planning & Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS degree or two years supervisory experience in a production or merchandising function (preferred).
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, as well as organization/prioritization skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively across multiple shifts/departments is required.
Job requires ability to work in a warehouse environment, primarily on a concrete floor. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Occasional Requirements: Job requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Hourly Associates of varying classifications, including Checker, Marker, Packer, Material Handler, Splitter, Loader, Unloader, Inductor, etc.