Schneider Electric Material Tech II in Seneca, South Carolina
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Supplies required parts to assembly lines, fabrication area or storeroom. This is done on a specified time schedule or kitted as required to a specific order number or CDO/CWO schedule. Orders, locates, kits, stores, and transports manufactured and/or purchased parts and materials to designated area(s).
Moves loads of materials throughout plant.
- Remove completed loads from group to depot, shipping, depot and/or storeroom.
- Fills rawstock orders and obtains pallets when required.
- Replenishes depleted stock in production areas.
- Selects parts and materials, such as cartons and pallets required for production, and moves to specified locations.
- Operates any power or manual truck, cart, material handling equipment and completes all safety and OSHA required information. Truck may be a stockerpicker or WAV vehicle that elevates an operator off of the floor.
- Visually inspects all power equipment and notifies supervisor of any problems.
- Maintains good housekeeping and adheres to plant regulations and safety rules.
- Stores, processes, orders, print labels, identifies, checks, weighs, scale and hand counts, transports and processes all materials and merchandise.
- Removes and stores scrap and writes scrap ticket.
- Removes trash and empty rawstock wood container from group. Removes breakers from cartons and disposes of packaging.
- Checks blueprints to correctly identify parts or assemblies.
- Performs any and all computer functions and associated paperwork as necessary. Engrave nameplate per bill of material.
- Follows up with material analysts, Engineers, and customer service personnel.
- Use drivers and powered hand tools to create sub-assemblies, such as, but not limited to, mount barriers and number strips to deadfronts, powermeter units.
- Uses drivers and powered hand tools to modify breaker settings.
- Apply labels to component parts or assemblies as required.
- Completes audits and cycle counts of purchased and manufactured parts.
- Uses hardware associated with picking and replenishment technology. For example: bar coding scanning, pick-to-voice, etc…
- Assist Material Analyst in determining substitution of breakers
- Counts incoming loads and checks quantities against packout list. Bands, moves, and crates loads of product to depots or shipping.
- Adheres to all kanban standards and methodology
- Processes all part returns/forwarding. This includes counting, collecting parts, packaging, banding, shrink wrapping, transporting to shipping.
Follows Kanban system to feed work in process for all parts. Checks supplies of parts in assigned production groups. Transports parts and materials to groups to provide them with supplies to operate efficiently. Makes lists of parts and conducts pre-inventory of parts and materials. Suggests changes in quantities of parts.
Counts, records, and reports production.
- Maintains good housekeeping and cleans equipment.
- Sorts and disposes of scrap.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Skills/Characteristics Necessary to Perform Essential Functions
Ability to read and understand written materials including production information, inspection procedures, Kanban cards, blueprints, and measuring instruments.
Ability to set dies and use judgment to determine proper operation of equipment.
Ability to meet specified production standards.
Ability to understand instructions.
Ability to make inspections of work performed to maintain quality standards.
Ability to work safely.
Ability to work alone and around others.
- Physical Demands Necessary to Perform Essential Functions
Visual requirement to setup and inspect work.
Prompt and regular attendance required.
Heavy weight work. Loads divided by employees helping one another.
Walk and stand 8 hours per shift.
Some jobs can be done while sitting. Essential functions require standing and walking.
Manipulate objects with either or both hands.
Push and pull objects.
Reaching at shoulder height; overhead to adjust ram.
Grip hand tools.
Grip parts. Fingering parts.
Foot pedal on some machines. * *
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-South Carolina-Seneca
Unposting Date: Jul 31, 2019, 10:59:00 AM
Req ID: 005GXA