Schneider Electric Shipping Supervisor in Seneca, South Carolina
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Shipping Supervisor position coordinates activities of workers responsible for Aplant Shipping, Box/Trim Shipping, MCC Shipping, FEDEX Shipping, and Drives Shipping.
- Assist Shipping/Fabrication Manager by identifying/updating work procedures; prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Identify, drive, and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the group.
- Ensure correct shipment of all orders.
- Work with Corporate Transportation on minimizing freight costs and alignment of corporate directives on shipping.
- Analyzing and evaluating problems with shipping. Providing periodic reports and updates to management.
- Acting as subject matter expert for shipping in support of Schneider Production System.
- Develop/update standard operating procedures in the Quality Management System
Leadership & Safety
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to hourly associates.
- Ensure the safety of all associates under areas of responsibility and adherence to all Safety, Health & Environmental policies and procedures. Ensure associates maintain a safety focused attitude.
- Manage shipping associate’s productivity and overall performance in accordance with the group goals and objectives.
- Assist employees with work process problems.
- Lead SIM (short interval management) cycles within the Schneider Production System.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve employee issues.
- Share the cultural concepts of situational leadership and facilitate the application of the transition to situational leadership.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for hourly associates
- Ensure associate adherence to all HR policies and procedures
- Establish and own group performance and objectives
This job might be for you if:
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain related field or8+years experience in warehousing/manufacturing and currently in pursuit of a 4-year degree.
3 years minimum experience in a manufacturing and/or supervision role.
- Prior knowledge/experience with shipping and shipping processes.
- Strong working knowledge of PC applications (Windows, Excel, Word, Access, etc)
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma knowledge and application preferred.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to improve surroundings.
- Ability to be self-directed and manage autonomously.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments
- Up to 10% domestic travel
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-South Carolina-Seneca
Unposting Date: Jun 30, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
Req ID: 005CAP