Adidas America Sr. Manager Inventory Control in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Sr. Manager Inventory Control
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
• Lead a group of managers, supervisors and analysts across the Inventory Control and Audit functions to ensure overall inventory accuracy and integrity.
• Create, sustain and govern inventory control metrics and reports to support the business requirements and play a key role in business process design and improvement and ensure that they are successfully executed.
• Drive key inventory improvement initiatives to develop best practices and provide data driven insight and resolution recommendations across the NAM network.
• Oversee changes in existing and/or new systems to confirm FTZ standards are followed, and established procedures are maintained.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to implement and evolve supply chain solutions that meet business objectives in terms of profitability, service improvement, and business growth.
• Contribute significantly to the definition and prioritization of Inventory Accuracy initiatives that connect to the overall NAM Distribution Network roadmap.
• Develop plans and processes to achieve and sustain key metrics around inventory accuracy, fill rates and inventory availability.
• Communicate and provide visibility to key tracking information to key stakeholders across SCM with a specific focus on inventory accuracy and availability.
• Align and monitor service levels across the DC network through a variety of dashboards – identify deviations and initiate necessary changes.
• Oversee and resolve any escalations to ensure targets and KPIs are achieved.
• Work closely and collaboratively with Distribution Leadership Team to enhance the efficiency and flow of inventory through the Distribution Center, including all projects and DC initiatives.
• Conduct meetings, complete with agendas and recaps, with Operations on key initiatives (KPIs), impact areas and needs for improvements with clear and measurable action items along with progression tracking for key initiatives.
• Drive Process Improvement initiatives that support Service Metrics, KPIs, across Planning and Distribution Operations.
• Work closely and collaboratively with other SCM departments, specifically Reporting and Analytics, to enhance the efficiency of Inventory Control tools and processes.
• Assist in inventory allocation planning strategies across multiple sites.
• Associated ad-hoc responsibilities supporting Logistics operations.
• DC Operations
• Supply Chain Management: Transportation, FTZ/Customs
• Finance & Controlling
• Global and local IT
• Engineering / LEAN team
• Global SCM IC teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end Distribution processes with an Inventory Control emphasis.
• Ability to manage a diverse team covering multiple functional areas and reporting lines.
• Responsible for approximately 2,400,000 square feet overseeing a staff of approximately 60+ internal/external, 30+ million units, and 200,000+ SKUs of inventory valued at over $500M.
• Analytical and logical thinking skills with excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels of business.
• Strong understanding of Warehouse Management Systems and interfaces, including Supply Chain IT systems (Manhattan preferred).
• Should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a large volume distribution center environment with a high level of units and skus, in a complex high-speed operation.
• SAP knowledge/experience preferred.
• Proven ability to achieve and exceed goals, objectives and critical deadlines with good planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform work in a fast-paced setting, constantly adapting to a change-oriented environment.
• Sound understanding of querying and data analysis concepts.
• Limited travel may be required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
Four-year college or university degree, MBA a plus (or relevant experience)
Minimum of seven years relevant work experience and/or training
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Fluent in English, both oral and written.
adidas participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law (AZ, GA, IN, VA, FL, NC, SC, UT). For more information click on the link below: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=38700f4752f0a210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=38700f4752f0a210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Sr. Manager Inventory Control
TEAM: Global Operations
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Mar 28, 2021