Adidas America Supervisor Weekend Waving/Routing in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Supervisor Weekend Waving/Routing
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
• Represent the Wave Planning and Routing functions to ensure capacity utilization and service levels are met while maintaining optimal flow of the Distribution Center over the weekends.
• Support and contribute to the end-to-end process of planning, waving, routing and the outbound scheduling of daily orders and waves.
• Assist in the compilation, adjustments and release of all weekend orders and waves to ensure accurate and timely outbound shipments.
• Work autonomously and collaboratively in a demanding and often ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.
• Monitor the shipment schedule with outbound operations to ensure timely and accurate shipments for all accounts.
• Build and oversee daily wave release plans to ensure orders are available to the operation to meet expected service level agreements, DC KPIs and Performance Metrics.
• Ensure order flow and consolidation are optimized to support DC efficiency and initiatives.
• Work closely and collaboratively with other Distribution departments to refine the tools and processes for overall throughput and execution.
• Maintain full working knowledge of the WCS and WMS platforms.
• Triage, resolve and create transparency to problem orders, in a proactive and timely manner, while working to resolve and communicate issues to both internal and external partners for assistance and future prevention.
• Associated ad-hoc responsibilities supporting US Distribution operations.
• Distribution: Routing, Wave Planning, Productivity Planning, DC Operations, Reporting & Analytics, Inventory Control
• Supply Chain Management: Compliance and Transportation.
• Customer Service / Sales.
• Brand Operations and Top Account Logistics Partners.
• Transportation Partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Distribution processes with Logistics and/or Planning / Shipping emphasis.
• Strong analytical capabilities including handling large and complex data sets.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, across different levels of the organization / business.
• Proven ability to achieve and exceed goals, objectives and critical deadlines with good planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced setting, constantly adapting to a change-oriented environment.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
Five years relevant work experience and/or training
Four-year college or university degree, preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Fluent in English, both oral and written.
Previous Planning, Distribution, Shipping and/or WMS experience, preferred
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Supervisor Weekend Waving/Routing
TEAM: Supply Chain Management
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Dec 29, 2020